Flexible Seating Options


Have you ever considered Flexible Seating in your classroom? Love seeing the options online but saddened only to find they're only available outside of Australia?  Well, here are some options that won't break the bank for you!



I wanted to switch to Flexible Seating after reading more about it from Kayla Delzer on Edutopia.org. I like to be creative in all that I do and I wanted to promote that in my classroom.  I also wanted to allow my students to learn in a way that best suits them.  I can go on about the benefits that I've witnessed after only 2 short weeks of implementing this in my class but that's for another post with further observation.



I found when I first started this transition that most of the options you see on Instagram and Pinterest are only available in the U.S. and can be quite pricey in Australia.  So here are my seating choices that I picked and some extra ideas.


IKEA

Probably the MOST affordable places I found in my area, especially since I didn't want to wait for shipping.  I spent 1 day just looking at many places and just comparing prices and choices.  I found IKEA to be the most affordable!

A post shared by Stephanie (@fishingforeducation) on

KMart

Probably one of our favourite places to go to!  The only downside was that some of the options weren't available for me to pick up.  (I wanted to get some comfy butterfly chairs.)  But I came across these stability balls and they've been a big hit in the class.  Only $10 each! Just check the size that fits for your table as there are 3 sizes.


Your School

I first thought of what I could do with the furniture available at my school.  I was able to lower a few tables and find a standing table!  Our school was also luck enough to get some furniture donated to our school so I snatched up a bench.

Gumtree

I haven't gone on here to actually pick up anything because I am a bit lazy to drive off to places BUT there are so many options!  Some people are getting rid of never been used options or upgrading their child's bedroom and need to get rid of some furniture.  (A good option if you're looking for the best bargain and willing to drive off to pick them up.)

Check out some #FlexibleSeating all over Australia...






... and All Over the World!


A post shared by Primaryteachingtales (@primaryteachingtales) on





What are your thoughts on Flexible Seating?

Have you tried Flexible Seating? Share your picture!

2 comments

  1. Congratulation to you. I am happy after reading your post that you have posted in this blog. Thanks for this wonderful post and hoping to post more of this. I am looking for your next update.

    Operation Management Assignment Help

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen a lot around the inter webs about flexible seating, and I'm still not totally sure how I feel about it. With my recent classroom refurbishment, my Head of Primary bought a low table with floor chairs...and my kids LOVE it. During literacy rotations there inevitably ends up being a group working there. They also love my jellybean table, whether they're working with me there, or not. I feel like that's a good way to start.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top