Teaching Reading: Comprehension Strategies


Hi Guys!



It's Chantelle, from Miss Jacobs Little Learners and today I'm going to be sharing some of the books and teaching tools I like to use during my Read Aloud's to reinforce comprehension strategies.

 I teach at least 2 reading comprehension strategy lessons per week so I am always on the lookout for some new and exciting texts. When I introduce each comprehension strategy I use these posters which help explain what the strategy is in child-friendly language. I then leave them up on our Literacy Wall and they are referred to regularly.


These posters come in a variety of designs and are available HERE in my TPT store.

Books for Read Aloud's

Below you will find some of the books I have used and recommend for each comprehension strategy.

Visualising

   

Making Connections - Text To Self




Inferring

 












3 comments

Back to Top